Anglicy nie gęsi, swoją ligę też mają, a że conajmniej Elite League jest całkiem ciekawa to zapraszam do odwiedzania tego wątku w trakcie kolejnego sezonu.

Zakładam wątek akurat dzisiaj nie bez powodu: otóż okazało się, że wcześniejsze doniesienia o zakupie zespołu Reading (jeżdżącego w Premier League) przez właściciela cyklu Grand Prix, czyli firmę BSI, stały się faktem i do takiej transakcji doszło. Tym samym zespół Reading, w angielskim stylu, awansuje do Elite League.

Przyznam, że jestem niezmiernie ciekawy jaki wpływ na skład zawodników w SGP będzie miał fakt prowadzenia przez BSI również zespołu z Reading (mowa oczywiście o dzikusach).

Oto treść oświadczenia BSI:

Benfield Sports International are delighted to announce the purchase of Reading Speedway from Wychwood Presentations Limited.

As of 2006, it is intended that Reading Speedway will be represented as the eleventh club in the Skybet Elite League.

With immediate effect, BSI has appointed Jim Lynch as promoter and team manager, with BSI Chief Executive John Postlethwaite holding the position of joint promoter with Lynch from the start of next season.

Commenting on the deal, John Postlethwaite, Chief Executive, BSI said, “It is no secret that it has been our intention for sometime to be involved in speedway at a domestic level, following our success with the international series.

“As promoters of the FIM World Championships we understand the importance of the future prosperity of the domestic leagues. It is the domestic leagues that allow future World Champions to learn their trade, as well as providing a hugely exciting product on a week-in week-out basis.

“ I hope we will be able to add to the BSPA and to the future of British speedway.

“I’d like to thank Pat Bliss and the Management Committee of the British Speedway Promoters Association (BSPA), who have both allowed us to conclude this deal.

“Pat, together with her family, has been a dedicated promoter of Reading Speedway for many years and it’s to her credit she managed to keep the club going through some very tough times. She will always be a welcome visitor to Reading in the future and we hope to make her proud of what we achieve.”

Postlethwaite continued: ”I hope the fans at Reading will support our move and enjoy following Elite League action from next season. Jim, myself and the team will do all we can to try and make an impact in our first year.”

Departing promoter, Pat Bliss, said: “It has not been an easy decision to make, but after 26 years of speedway at Reading I have decided to hand over the reins to BSI.

“Chris Shears and I will be sad to leave as we have made many wonderful friends over the years, who have shared the good times as well as the bad with us.

“We wish John Postlethwaite and his team all the best and it goes without saying that we wish all success to the Reading Racers.”

Peter Toogood, Chairman of the BSPA commented: “It is excellent news for the BSPA that BSI are now part of our Elite League and I have every confidence it will be a successfully run club.”
Następuje również zmiana na stanowisku promotora i odchodzi tym samym m.in. Pat Bliss która swego czasu sprowadziła do Reading Janusza Kołodzieja. Z kolei z artykułu jaki ukazał się dziś w Reading Evening Post wynika, że liderem drużyny ma zostać Greg Hancock. Szykuje się również budowa nowego stadionu.